About the store
Where are you based and where do you ship from ?
We are based in the Tokyo area. All our orders are shipped from our Tokyo facility.
What are your business days?
We are open from Monday to Friday, except holidays. We are closed during the weekend.
Do you have a shop in Japan or a phone number where I can reach you?
We are sorry but we have no telephone service open to the public.
We only sell online so you won’t find us in any brick and mortar shop.
For all questions pertaining to general issues, please send us an email at email@example.com
In what languages can I write?
Currently, you can write to JAPAN SPIRITS in English or French. We will do our best to reply as quickly as possible.
Do you ship worldwide?
Yes, JAPAN SPIRITS ships worldwide, except for the following countries whose customs regulations prevent the import of alcoholic beverages for individual customers :
- Costa Rica
- Hong Kong (alcohol under 30% is acceptable)
We're very sorry but we cannot accept any orders from customers residing in those countries.
How do I know if your products are shipped with a box?
By default, all bottles are shipped without box.
What methods of payment do you offer?
JAPAN SPIRITS accepts credit or debit card payments through Stripe, a reputable payment gateway.
What shipping methods do you offer?
JAPAN SPIRITS offers six shipping methods :
- DHL : delivered within 3-5 business days but exact delivery times may vary depending on speed of customs clearance. Includes tracking and full insurance. DHL is the only possible option for all alcohol over 24%.
- EMS : delivered within 3-4 business days but exact delivery times may vary depending on speed of customs clearance. Includes tracking and full insurance.
- Registered SAL Small Packet : for small and light parcels. Delivered within 2-6 weeks. Includes tracking and limited insurance.
Registered SAL Small Packet is unavailable for a number of countries such as Australia, Denmark, Germany, Korea, Norway, Hungary, Finland and Poland.
- Registered Airmail Small Packet : for small and light parcels. Delivered within 1-3 weeks. Includes tracking and limited insurance.
- SAL Parcel Post : delivered within 2-6 weeks. Includes tracking and limited insurance.
- Sea Mail : delivered within 2-3 months. Includes tracking and limited insurance. Ideal for large and heavy parcels.
I have received my order but the contents are wrong. What should I do ?
Please accept our humble apologies for this confusion. Please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us what you received and what you should have received.
Depending on situations, we will send you the appropriate product for free or we will request you to return the erroneous product to us first (don’t worry, we will bear the shipping costs). The product must be sealed and in original condition. Should the product of your choice have become unavailable, we will of course grant you a full refund.
I have received my order but it came damaged. What should I do ?
Even when carefully packaged, parcels sometimes suffer damage during transport. If the damage is superficial (item box bent or slightly caved), it is rather unlikely that we’ll be able to help you. If the inner product itself is damaged, try to take pictures and send them to email@example.com. We will file a plaint with Japan Post.